Overview Work Week: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with alternating weekend rotation required.
The Entry Writer II (Air) is responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to customers. The position serves as a customer advocate and must possess superior customer service skills.
Responsibilities CBP Entry preparation and transmission duties:
Interface with customers on CBP, OGA, delivery, and irregularities:
- Receive and review documentation, to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.
- Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Possess the ability to classify products according to the HTSUSA.
- Ability to identify products that are subject to OGAs.
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process.
- Recognize routine and non-routine transactions for reporting discrepancies to management.
Delivery of freight to customers:
- Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely clearance and delivery in a timely manner.
- Report problem resolutions to management in a timely manner including suggestions for problem avoidance in the future.
- Communicate in writing or verbally with customers and management all issues affecting specific urgent shipments.
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with steamship lines, freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments.
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight.
- Recommend solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flow billing.
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the issuance of invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as the processing of payment requisitions.
- Support other projects and assignments as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and/or training as an entry writer and/or related experience in customs broker operations.
- Knowledge of US Customs and Harmonized Tariff Codes.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Browser.) along with strong keyboard skills.
- Experience utilizing Cargowise a plus.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written format with internal and external customer(s).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Works with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.