Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: Responsible for engineering and manufacturing elements of new product introduction; matching design, manufacturability, and customer demand inputs into manufacturing output.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum five years manufacturing engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability in manufacturing process development
- Proven ability in manufacturing project planning and execution
- Excellent engineering and manufacturing problem solving skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Manage New Product Request (NPR), Prototype Order Request (POR), and New Product to Manufacture (NPM) systems for products manufactured at Shiloh
- Mentor facility personnel to ensure continued growth of capabilities in concepts such as Lean Manufacturing practices, manufacturing processes, machine standards, etc.
- Recommend, coordinate, implement and assist with business strategy planning and methods to improve equipment and processes, including machine rebuilds, setup reduction, equipment reliability, and the like
- Serve as the primary plant POC for engineering systems which house engineering data including ADPC TC, ConneX Modules, ADAPT (and/or other design automation applications), and SAP.
- Manage interactions between other non-plant engineering applications that provide input to manufacturing operations, and the internal systems that define plant operations
- Facilitate both formal and informal responses to product quotation, and work with the finance team to assure appropriate responses to requests for cost analysis
- Manage cost standards to assure accuracy, and implement processes to facilitate on-going review and maintenance
- Drive development of work standards and processes in support of the flawless launch process
- Manage engineering systems data to provide input to manufacturing operations
- Serve as a liaison with corporate support groups such as Global Pack, MDM (Canton and India), Corp IT Business and Eng Systems, and Corp and local groups for Purchasing and Supply Chain to assure manufacturing feasibility and alignment of requirements
- Champion the flawless launch process within the facility and drive efforts to continually improve the process
- Lead the Methods Engineering associates in efficient and effective use of engineering systems to launch and maintain product data integrity
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.