Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING COORDINATOR - QUALITY
This position is responsible for assisting the Manufacturing Engineering (ME) and Quality Assurance (QA) departments with AS9102 First Article Inspection (FAI) Requirements along with Inspection Method Sheet (IMS) creation and revision maintenance.
- Create AS9102 FAI Requirements for a host of component types; gears, housings, rotorhead components and assemblies
- Assist in performing document control activities; pull down, manage and control electronic print drawings and specific customer specifications for the ME department.
- Interact and assist ME, Production Control, Operations, QA and other departments as applicable.
- Perform electronic and hard copy filing as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects as assigned.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, and at times required to stand and move
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement
- Moderate twisting and bending
- Some lifting less than 30 pounds
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- General office environment however, on the manufacturing floor, loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- On manufacturing floor safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years experience in an administrative function.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Basic computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite including basic excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and driving results.
- Prior engineering software experience desired.
- Previous manufacturing flow process experience required and prior aerospace manufacturing experience is desired.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.