Overview This position will be responsible for the procurement of air freight rates for the USA outbound market, supporting the Tender Management Team, Gateways, Branches and Air freight global accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Asia, Middle East and Oceania Trade Lane.
- Manage to outsource and negotiate air freight rates/rate contracts and services with new and existing airlines for the USA-outbound market.
- Establish key contacts with Airlines and act as the procurement communication lead.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with carriers.
- Prepare and manage Capacity Plans: short term (Emergency)and long term capacity plans.
- Follow and support global headquarters strategies and policies on air carriers.
- Drive continuous cost and service improvement efforts with air carriers.
- Follow and execute the airlines evaluation system and core carriers' program established by the AFF procurement department.
- Act as first escalation point and resolve air procurement issues with carriers
- Provide permanent input on the global air freight market situation and windows of opportunities. Assess current and evolving business models in the marketplace affecting the global air freight business.
- Work together with the gateways team to analyze and implement, when required, consolidation service opportunities for different trade lanes.
- Set and plan strategic measures/policies to ascertain where costs/rates can be reduced or eliminated.
- Ensure rate competitiveness for the USA outbound market.
- Provide input to tender management on buying rates, consolidation opportunities and capacity constraints.
- Manage the Air Rate Platform for the corresponding trade lane.
- Support the Tender Management team with strategic pricing for high cargo volume RFQ's.
- Support the sales team with high volume spot quotations.
- Manage the Cargo Steering plan.
- Responsible for E-AWB utilization.
- Responsible for all aspects of the trade lane including, but not limited to dispute resolutions (with carriers or among Yusen Logistics operating companies or 3 rd party agents), communication channels, general assistance for both exports and imports.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in an Air Freight Procurement role in a freight forwarding company.
- Minimum 3 years of effective contract negotiation (including Soft Blocks & Hard Blocks) with carriers a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field. Master's degree a plus.
- Air Cargo IATA certification desirable.
- Solid knowledge of international freight forwarding.
- Must possess excellent communicative skills both spoken and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal management skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.