Overview The Air Export Manager directs and manages the activities of the Air Export department, ensuring all export activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements. These responsibilities include liaison with warehouse and customer service areas on a daily basis.
- Establish, oversee and continuously improve the Branch export process flows in conformance with applicable rules, procedures and company policy.
- Develop Branch procedures, ensuring efficiency of daily operations.
- Work with the Sales department to develop customer-specific export handling procedures for all customers but especially with the on boarding of new customers.
- Liaise with other branches and actively pursue opportunities where shipments can be optimally consolidated for economies of scale while meeting customer requirements.
- Negotiate rates and select carriers based on transit times and optimum profit opportunity.
- With the direct input of the Branch Manager, review and enhance customer account profitability.
- Manage related shipment based accounting functions, vendor payables, revenue generation, case reports, and shipment activity reports.
- Monitor, analyze and report on business trends - make recommendations and strategy to obtain optimal pricing from carriers and improving operational efficiency in the export department.
- Maintain current information on tariffs, licenses, restrictions and changes in export requirements. Ensure such knowledge is factored into the departmental processes and employees are trained in export compliance and regulatory requirements and changes.
- Manage cargo claims by timely reporting and timely correspondence to the claimant.
- Responsible for supervising Air Export Supervisor(s) and staff. Conduct managerial responsibilities in accordance with the YLA policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manage other projects as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Associate degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years' export and warehouse experience in a related environment. Included in this experience is 3+years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with exporting perishables preferred.
- Dangerous goods certification preferred.
- Knowledge of all government regulations for security and safety including U.S. export regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of international business.
- Must be able to support local management concerning the export profit center and report on revenue generation, profit and loss.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face-to-face.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.