Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Quality Specialist, you will administer the Supply Chain quality program in accordance with applicable management system standards and customer/organizational requirements. Your strong work ethic and attention to important details will directly impact the sustainment of the company's certifications to applicable standards (ISO, AS, TL, FDA, etc.). This is an opportunity for you to build a career you can be proud of, while positively affecting XPO's future.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage quality processes and related systems to ensure the security, control and availability of documentation and training materials
- Determine and enforce, through a functional group, quality requirements in accordance with company needs and current regulations
- Act as a liaison with external parties on matters relating to the Quality Management System (e.g., plant audits)
- Develop, maintain and manage the Customer Complaint Database; conduct robust trend analyses to continuously reduce the key contributors to complaints
- Interpret requirements of international standards; review and analyze processes and other requirements (regulatory, customer) to ensure compliance
- Develop and deploy QMS International Standards Training Programs to educate all sites
- Perform/lead scheduled assessments and audits of site-specific programs to ensure policies and procedures are followed and are in compliance with standards; conduct formal audit management and audit interviews; prepare final audit reports
- Serve as the corporate audit representative during external certification/surveillance and customer audits
- Interface with Engineering, IT, Operations, HR and other functional groups to identify and implement process improvement projects for quality systems and activities
- Verify corrective and preventive action for site issues, including proper root cause analysis, implementation planning and using objective evidence to verify the effectiveness of the solution
- Review site and corporate quality documentation to ensure content meets the requirements of the management systems and is consistent with the organization's standards and branding
- Maintain best practices database; facilitate meetings to share site best practices with all locations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience in quality management and quality auditing (e.g., Quality Manager)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proven documentation skills, including the ability to correctly edit and proof documents with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform the duties of the job with normal or corrected hearing and vision, manual dexterity (for keyboarding/computer duties) and clear communication skills; ability to work in a typical plant/office environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to travel 50-75% of the time
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills; able to quickly master new concepts, ideas and practices
- Team-oriented work style with the ability to work proficiently/constructively with individuals within and outside the organization
- Ability to analyze, extract and understand data from various written reports from diverse sources within the company network
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.