As a Production Coach you are responsible for overall operating performance of the Keurig Dr Pepper production operations. You will w ork with the team to streamline efficiency of production with emphasis on safety, quality, delivery, and improving financial results.
What you will do:
- Ensures a safe workplace is maintained and there is a safety mindset in all things we do.
- Supervise up to 20 or more production employees.
- Hires, schedules and supervises full time staff and additional temporary staff.
- Follows all policies, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by Keurig Dr Pepper and the department.
- Oversees all process documentation and training program procedures to assure consistency of operational tasks, and the safety and cleanliness of the workplace
- Ensures a quality product is being produced and all quality processes are being followed.
- Works directly with Quality Control, Engineering, Maintenance, and Facilities on projects to improve quality, streamline efficiencies and reduce operating expenses
- Tracks productivity for measured shift efficiency and improvement
- Operates at or below the budgeted cost for production utilizing lean manufacturing procedures and cross training
- Oversees adherence to inventory control procedures to ensure inventory accuracy goals are constantly achieved
- Performs timely quarterly and annual reviews for all front line Keurig staff
- Responsibility to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Responsible for ensuring the production of a safe, wholesome and quality product and requires trained designees when applicable
- Performs other duties as requested by management
- Follow all Keurig Dr. Pepper policies and procedures
- In the occasions when persons in this role are absent, management has assigned resources to cover their nominated duties to ensure the integrity of the SQF System.
What you must have:
- Supervisory experience of a production team of up to 20 or more
- Bachelor Degree in a related field or 8 years of experience applying a comprehensive, hands-on knowledge of manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures involved in coffee processing and packaging or a related manufacturing field
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions
- Ability to follow Keurig Dr Pepper policies and procedures
- Clear understanding of fundamentals of lean manufacturing, pull and visual systems
- Clear understanding of TQM and use of tools and data for problem solving, decision making and continuous improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word with demonstrated knowledge of productivity tracking
- Experience with PeopleSoft ERP or similar system
- Ability to work independently and as a team to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment with focused attention to detail
- Ability to manage change and constantly strive for improvement
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of food manufacturing, coffee experience preferable
- Must be comfortable developing and conducting group presentations to employees and management.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact and treats direct reports equitably
- Provides current, direct, complete and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose solutions to problems.
- Must be able to travel occasionally, work in a team environment, and occasionally work a flexible schedule
- Must have the ability to work a fast paced, constantly evolving environment with focused attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills essential.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.