Global Transportation and Logistics Provider is seeking a full-time District Manager for our Toronto, ONT, Canada location. This is a hands-on management position.
- Involvement in, and oversight of, all aspects of station operations and sales management
- Preparation and development of a marketing and sales plan for the territory to develop business-to-business sales through a broad range of customers;
- Training and overseeing the area's sales force.
- Ensuring adherence to all regulations, policies and procedures as required. This includes all safety regulations and requirements as well as federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Attaining or exceeding overall revenue growth and profitability of the assigned territory.
- Analyzing all fixed and variable costs to ensure maximum profitability is met as shown on the P&L.
- Controlling costs such as: purchased transportation, labor, overtime, chargebacks, and facility costs.
- Developing a business plan for the territory in conjunction with management.
- Working with and developing business with National Account, International, Government, Transborder and all other staff and segments of the Pilot Air Freight.
- Hiring, training, and administering all station staff; conducting regular performance reviews for all employees.
- Developing yearly budget projections.
- Monitoring IQ indices and implementing procedures to resolve areas below goals.
- Position requires a multi-tasking individual with strong organization, leadership and management skills;
- Candidates must have a strong closing ability in order to sell to local accounts along with large scale national accounts at both domestic and international levels;
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong computer skills;
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or 5-10 years of transportation terminal management, as well as routing and operations experience are required;
- Good working understanding of OSHA and TSA regulations and requirements a plus.
Excellent compensation package includes salary, incentive bonus plan, health insurance and 401K.
Bachelors or better.
Licenses & Certifications
MS Office Suite
5-10 years: Transportation terminal management