Pilot Freight Services seeks a Full-Time Experienced Operations Supervisor to cover the second shift at our Philadelphia office in Folcroft, PA. The hours will be Monday through Friday 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm.
Responsibilities will be to monitor the following:
- Processing, tracking and tracing outbound shipments;
- Inspecting outbound freight, and coordinating recovery and delivery schedules with various cartage agents;
- Prepares paperwork for routing, closes out files and sends documents out on a timely basis;
- Communicate freight status and any problems to other stations and customers;
- Update the system;
- Communicates to dispatch for customers' requested pick ups;
- Communicates problems to other stations;
- Must have customer service background;
- Prior freight or transportation experience required;
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented and able to interact with customers and other stations;
- Must have experience supervising a department.
Competitive wages and benefits package, including 401K.
High School or better.
1-2 years: Freight or transportation experience
1-2 years: Supervisory experience