Overview The Client Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and direction of a portfolio of assigned YLA account relationships.
The Client Manager oversees the delivery of various services as specified in the service agreement between the parties or in customer procedures, while continuing to develop and grow the current business.
Services may cut across many different phases of the supply chain and multiple vendors of the customers. Account portfolios generally consist of strategic accounts plus a mix of small/mid-sized account with monthly shipment activities
Responsibilities Customer Relationship Management :
The Client Manager will function as the primary representative, responsible for building and maintaining a positive relationship with assigned clients.
The Client Manager will communicate with clients by telephone or in person, as needed; provide product and service information and answer other general account questions on a timely and accurate basis.
Account Leadership & Direction:
Develop a strong understanding of the client's business and its service requirements.
The Client Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to team members assigned to the particular customer accounts will oversee operational issues to ensure they are effectively resolved by relevant parties.
The Client Manager will be directly responsible for interacting with the Dedicated Account Managers and will exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to making recommendations for various services provided.
The Client Manager will formulate acc customer forecasts and contributes to budget and the business planning process. Reviews all customer operations KPS's to determine progress toward goals and objectives.
The Client Manager will design and develop the overall strategy for growing and maintaing the assigned client relationships.
The Client Manager will focus on building and maintaining client relationships that further the use and up-sell of YLA products and services. The Client Manager will continuously look for opportunities to increase revenue and growth targets for accounts under management.
Focuses on long-term Customer and YLA development, defined by YLA revenue and profit and customer value and satisfaction.
The Client Manager will proactively consult clients on best practices and necessary system and process changes to achieve client goals throughout the year.
In addition, the Client Manager will maintain and create business relationships within the marketing, sales and other strategic departments of the account as needed.
Work directly with customers and act as advisors regarding services provided and resolutions.
Other Duties include:
- Key escalation point for support and service issues
- Set and run weekly client status meetings
- Quality assurance of client deliverables and activities
- Monthly/Quarterly Account Performance Review with branch management
- College Degree preferred in a related field, 3 or more years' related experience in international shipping or international logistics. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal). Must be able to effectively articulate views both internally and externally with clients.
- Proven client prospecting and relationship maintenance/growth skills and abilities
- Ability to develop strategies and tactics to meet existing and new clients' needs and provide customized solutions.
- Highly organized and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility in adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 5%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.