Pilot Freight Service is seeking to hire a full time Account Executive for our Baltimore station which is located in Hanover, MD.
- Work with District Manager and sales team to develop the territory, account and coverage plans for existing and new accounts;
- Develop and maintain functional knowledge of the products, service and operations offered and actively participate in product training sessions;
- Interact regularly with local management and develop close ad cooperative working relationship with operations staff to ensure the customer's needs are met;
- Work cooperatively with other sales and operational staff to support a team-selling environment;
- Ensure incoming and outgoing sales leads and routing orders are followed-up on;
- Assist sales team by identifying opportunities, generating interest, qualifying prospects, educating and promoting awareness and developing new sales leads;
- Develop relationships with selected clients and prospects in order to set appointments and expand the company's brand awareness by accurate need identification and solution positioning;
- Follow-up with new clients to ensure customer satisfaction with the serviced being performed;
- Assist the sales team by identifying opportunities, generating interest, qualifying prospects, educating and promoting awareness and developing new sales leads;
- Schedule and conduct a pre-determined number of face-to-face sales calls as directed by regional or local management team;
- Input sales call information into designated sales call software and provide sales reports as directed by regional or local management team;
- Maintain a pre-determined number of target accounts and demonstrate active attention to those accounts and progress toward closing;
- Meet sales threshold/quota as defined;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a proven track record in transportation sales;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Must be able to interact with National and Regional Sales Teams;
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel PowerPoint and ACT;
- Some local travel involved;
- High School Diploma or equivalent, is required.
Competitive ages and benefits package, including 401K.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications for any position without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.