Overview The Client Manager I is located at the Moses Lake, WA location. Incumbent is responsible for providing the customer with planning and forecasting as well as measuring and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all providers within the customer's supply chain. This position is responsible to assure the smooth flow of the customer's supply chain and troubleshooting of problems and delays as they arise. This position has daily interface with internal and external customer(s) and is fully integrated in their supply chain management operations.
Working schedule will include one of the following:
- 8:00AM- 5:00PM
- 10:00PM - 5:00AM
- 3:00PM - 12 midnight
- Manage and direct the import processes for the customer.
- Maintain the standard operating procedures between customer, carriers, brokers and other service providers.
- Act as the liaison between customer's operations and management teams and customer service teams worldwide.
- Develop and manage operational procedures to facilitate supply chain flow.
- Act as the liaison with all ocean carriers, brokers and service providers and the customer to ensure capacity needs are met.
- Develop and implement programs to facilitate the capacity management and ocean carrier allocations.
- Generate and analyze statistical information to facilitate planning new programs.
- Develop and maintain measurements to evaluate performance of all vendors.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to enhance and monitor operations.
- Training customer(s) on Yusen Logistics visibility system as needed.
- Liaison with the Business Systems group(s) and Operations group(s) to enhance system capabilities for customers.
- Prepare reports for activities, meeting minutes, pre-plans of activities.
- Assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide timely and/or cost savings solutions.
- Main point of contact for both Origin and the account for International daily updates such as emails and notifications.
- Communicate daily/weekly/monthly reports and notifications for the Branch.
- Communicate information pertaining to International operations and business to internal and external customer(s).
- Support other projects as needed.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree plus three or more years of global logistics experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and works ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Ability to make timely decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels of the organization, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The employee must frequently sit doing tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The job also requires some time each day spent standing and walking. Employee must have ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus while working.
Work Environment: Duties are occasionally performed in a dusty, noisy environment with forklifts and other moving equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to dirt, fumes and odors. The employee is seasonally exposed to heat, cold, and humidity as well as marked changes in temperature between the office and warehouse environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.