Overview Workweek: Sunday 2:30 PM - 1:00 AM, Monday - Wednesday 8:00 PM - 7:00 AM
The Team Lead-Warehouse is responsible to lead the warehouse team comprising of Traffic Clerks or Logistics Agents. Oversee daily operations of the team ensuring seamless functions in the warehouse. The Team Lead is responsible to maintain the warehouse area in a neat, orderly and inventoried manner.
- Oversee daily workload and ensure scheduled work is completed. This may require setting daily priorities and/or reassigning employees to other areas depending on daily work load.
- Monitor shipping schedule to ensure shipments are being made accurately and in a timely manner.
- Train new employees to follow correct procedures and practices in the warehouse.
- Reports shortages, damages, non-conformances, and other discrepancies
- Maintains accurate department records and documentation
- Ensures customer specific requirements are met and provides assistance and support in resolving customer issues and concerns
- Ensures proper equipment and tools are available for warehouse employees to perform daily activities
- Logistics customer account responsibilities - may be required to manage inventory using web based technology and communication with customers on assigned accounts
- Follows all procedures for safety and security, including challenging unknown visitors
- High school diploma or GED plus m inimum 3 years' warehouse experience.
- Prior experience in a lead position in the logistics industry is preferred.
- Must be able to operate a sit down forklift - -3 years' experience
- Freight forwarding experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft software .
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short &
- Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.