The Fleet Diesel Mechanic will perform scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to automobiles, trucks (light and heavy), trailers, vans and forklifts as directed by Fleet Manager and will act as a mentor to the class I & II mechanics.
Schedule/Shift: The shift for this position may vary, generally start time will be at 8am until finish from Monday through Friday.
- Meet the maintenance demands of the Sales and Supply Chain functions and perform quality work at the lowest cost to minimize equipment downtime.
- Maintain, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on all fleet equipment.
- Diagnose vehicle failures and disassemble, repair, and reassemble parts as necessary.
- Proficient in all facets of repair especially with electronic diagnostics, including but not limited to: Preventative Maintenance, Electrical, Minor engine work, Engine electronics, Suspension, Chassis/frame, Brakes, Drive train, Heating and A/C, Hydraulics, Cab and body, Welding and fabrication
- Respond to service calls and pick up and deliver vehicles.
Mentor the class I & II mechanics.
- Operate in a safe, well organized, and clean work environment (must be able to tolerate hot and cold temperature depending on the season).
- Input data accurately and in a timely manner in to the DPS fleet maintenance software program (SAP EAM).
- Maintain records of daily check list (pre-trip inspections) and complete all necessary documentation, including vehicle records.
- Order and inventory parts.
- Adhere to OSHA, DOT and EPA regulatory compliance standards.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Valid driver's license
- Lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- 3 years of fleet experience with the ability to work on all types of power units, trailers, and material handling equipment
- 3 years of previous experience working on hydraulics, electrical, suspension, and breaks.
- 2 years of experience using a computer to run diagnostics on fleet vehicles
- Able to supply own set of tools
- Valid driver's license (Class A CDL required - Must get within 180 days of employment)
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.