The Sanitation Supervisor is accountable for sanitation requirements for machinery, equipment and facilities. The Sanitation Supervisor develops and maintains sanitation programs and procedures, collaborates with engineers, suppliers, contractors and plant partners to ensure a clean and sterile facility. The Sanitation Supervisor assures compliance with regulatory agencies. The Sanitation Supervisor will oversee direct reports as well as supervise associates across various departments during this shift.
This is a full-time permanent position working on our 3rd shift from 9:30pm to 5:30am, Monday through Friday. Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends depending on business needs.
- Responsible for direct supervision and utilization of equipment, materials, and people in a food production/packaging environment.
- Optimize resources while ensuring finished product meet specifications and per the budgeted production standards and in accordance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), and all other governmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure accuracy of all aspects of the master sanitation schedule are maintained and updated as new methods become available.
- Monitor and enforce proper sanitation and housekeeping procedures.
- Monitor production schedules and requirements in terms of micro quality, quantity, & safety.
- Work with planners to schedule work/jobs.
- Write, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Supervise accurate and timely reporting of work in process and completes all relevant paperwork and management reporting.
- Work within approved operating expense budget, ensure sufficient operating supplies and capital equipment are available for department personnel to produce product to schedule. Recommend corrections to budget as production needs require.
- Manage processes to assure sanitation and micro biological specifications, quality and safety standards are maintained.
- Establish programs to control and improve processes. Assure that control measures are reported as required.
- Investigate and diagnoses microbiological and sanitation issues in a timely manner. Ensure that a corrective action is obtained and maintained.
- Provide training and cross training to assure that all aspects are met within budget, product specifications, quality requirements and safety standards.
- Review, evaluate, counsel, discipline employees as necessary to ensure department meets or exceeds productivity requirements.
- Evaluate and recommends improvements to product manufacturability.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety.
- 1 year of leadership experience in either a lead, supervisory, or managerial role in a production environment.
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- 2 years of experience working with quality management systems, lab instrumentations, sanitation, or quality assurance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the food, beverage, pharmaceutical or chemical industry preferred.
- Food safety certifications highly preferred.
- Understanding of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and/or Lean Six Sigma manufacturing practices highly preferred.