Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Support the Fort Scott and Springfield plant controller in various closing, reporting, inventory management and business planning activities for both locations. Support and conduct daily, weekly and monthly forecasting, budgeting and reporting activities as well as to conduct analysis of variances and their causes. Communicate results and analysis with Plant Controller, the Plant Management Team and Timken corporate, as required
- Coordinate plant efforts for labor reporting, scrap and inventory reporting activities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets and product cost standards for plant product lines and part numbers.
- Assist in cost savings studies in support of continuous improvement plan activities.
- Assist controller in daily, weekly and monthly financial accounting closing processes.
- Provide cost information to processing departments, as required.
Produce monthly reports for controller, plant management and corporate requirements.
- Complete periodic audits and cycle counts to ensure proper adherence to financial policies.
- Work with plant personnel to correct and analyze errors and misreporting.
- Provide assistance in reviewing and analyzing weekly and monthly cost data.
- Assist plant controller in establishing cost center and product rate within corporate practice guidelines.
- Work independently to complete tasking and communicate results, as required.
- Support Plant Controller and complete tasking in his/her absence.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office
- Accounting and/or Finance
- Hyperion Planning - Oracle Product
- SAP and Business Intelligence
- Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills/team player
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance (Master's Preferred)
- 3 - 5 years of analytical skills
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.