Your Career Begins at Timken
Join our team for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Based out of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and reporting to the Managing Director, this role works directly with the Sales Team and Customer Service for both Timken Bearings and LoveJoy Canada.
- Responsible for driving customer service excellence through accurate, timely order placement and on time delivery.
- Provide responsive order management support including order entry or expediting and shipment information to customers.
- Provide quoted pricing and inventory information to customers.
- Liaise support for custom engineered product from design to delivery.
- Create, communicate, and implement customer service and order management policies. - Identify any customer concerns, investigate and resolve problems, considering government regulations and commercial law, and respond to complex customer inquiries, especially problems concerning transportation, systems, Global Trade etc.
- Proactively communicate supply chain and commercial issues (e.g. Global Trade, Supply/Demand, and Manufacturing issues) and provide alternatives to the respective management teams and customers.
- Oversee and conduct assessments of customer needs (e.g. Forecasting, Inventory issues, Credit limits etc.).
- Champion customer needs and follow-up on complex customer inquiries.
- Maintains high levels of communication within customer service team and internal strategic partners (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Quality, Engineering, etc.) in US and Canada.
- Identifies process gaps and problems with existing systems and procedures and drive continuous improvement to enhance customer satisfaction - develop, recommend, and coordinate the implementation of new procedures, processes, systems and technologies.
- Works with all groups including supply chain, sales, operations, quality, engineering and finance to identify constraints and assist in developing creative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Manage the on-time shipment process to meet 100% on-time shipment daily.
- Meet customer expectations for quality of packaging, packing, and value-added services as outlined by the customer.
- Provide a clean and safe work environment for associates. concerning equipment, hazardous chemical (MSDS), fire equipment, lifting, etc.
Office Management (LoveJoy only)
- Generating accounts receivable invoices and proceeding payments received.
- Validating expense reports that have been approved by managers.
- Processing of all accounts payable invoices including cheque runs.
- Intercompany invoicing for product and payroll.
- Tracking and remittance of all applicable sales taxes (HST, GST and QST).
- Reporting bi-weekly payroll hours to payroll department.
- Coordinate office capital expenditures under the direction of the Managing Director.
- Bachelor of Business, Marketing or related. Master's degree will be considered an asset.
- 7-10 years of experience in a similar industry including:
- Customer service leadership role
- Multifocal scope providing excellence in industrial business management including ERP (SAP preferred) management.
- ERP (SAP preferred) systems competency for quoting and order book management.
- MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PPT) Master competency.
- Talent management skills including coaching, delegating, team building and constructive feedback.
- Professional demeanor and presentation.
- Strong customer service interest and skills.
- Communications and strategic thinking skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Analytical/ reasoning skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem as part of continuous improvement.
- Proven competency in business and management principles including:
- Strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
Only candidates who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada will be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.