Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Description: Disassembles roller bearing using hydraulic press or hand tools. Examination of bearings and seals for defects, such as scratches, chips and excessive wear may be necessary. Places all cones, cups, spacers and other bearing parts into metal baskets or onto steel racks for cleaning. Loads the washer; operates the washer and offloads the washer. Numbers parts for identification and then places them onto the appropriate inspection lines. Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or company management.
Overall Purpose: Preparation of bearings for inspection. Examines bearing components and separates them for cleaning. Racks parts to be washed into a high pressure washer and unloads them to the inspection line.
- Disassembles roller bearing, using hydraulic press.
- Manually separates bearing components for proper distribution.
- Manually loads and unloads washer.
- Collates and numbers parts for data purposes.
Physical Demands & Frequency: Requires frequent lifting, standing, kneeling, reaching, handling, fingering and near acuity.
- Position: Continuous standing, reaching & manual manipulation of parts with minimal walking.
- Weights & Force: Lifting up to 40 pounds several times throughout an eight hour shift.
- Use of Controls: Operates hydraulic presses & associated equipment. Operates washer
- Vision must be normal (20/20). Correctional lenses are acceptable.
General Educational Development: Information may be presented in written, oral or diagrammatic form and requires a common sense understanding to be applied in order to carry out the instructions. Must be able to read dimensional measurements and apply knowledge to set up machines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.