Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a General Material Coordinator/ Shipper Receiver. The General Material Coordinator/ Shipper Receiver position reports to the Shop Supervision. This position is responsible for effectively preserving, packaging, and shipping all parts and products in a proper, cost effective and timely manner to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build shipping containers
- Packages, ships and receives material as required including necessary paperwork and computer functions
- Drives company truck and is responsible for truck maintenance
- Advise of tag removal
- Scan and email shipping documents
- Make shipping arrangements with UPS and carriers
- Ability to develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 25 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Basic computer skills to produce and verify bill of lading (BOL)
- US citizen or a legally authorized foreign work to work in ITAR environment
- Read and speak English fluently
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.