Overview Qualified candidates will have a customs brokerage license
Oversees and coordinates operational activities for organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations for numerous facility shifts. Maximizes profits, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Responsible for implementation and administration of company policies, budgets and developing long range goals and objectives. Identifies and implements best practices across shifts.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, labor plan/labor cost and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Analyzes department budget to identify variances and potential reductions (ie. Supplies, Labor, Space) and allocates operating budget. Supports all financial reporting.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Executes, monitors, and enhances safety and security procedures to ensure a safe work environment and reduce all safety related occurrences. Supports Kaizen and Quality initiatives.
- Interfaces with customer to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements and requests.
- Participates in the implementation of new customers to include but not limited to; assisting in determining rate schedule, planning required manpower to meet Service Level agreements, writing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Provides consultation and analyses for contract negotiations.
- Conducts studies in areas of packaging, warehousing, and loading of commodities and evaluates existing procedures and standards
- Leads/organizes special projects as required.
- Provides direction to subordinate managers who supervise a mixture of non-exempt employees and temporary hourly associates. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and performance and productivity evaluation of 3+ shifts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policy and regulatory and legal requirements. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and problem resolution.
- planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation/Logistics, Business Administration or related field, plus at least two years' experience in a Brokerage/Profit Center environment or related field.
- 7+ years related experience at management level, in logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills with an understanding of performance management essentials. Must have the ability to motivate professionals in the achievement of department and corporate goals
- Experience managing a P&L
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with peers, internal and external customers
- Experience in trucking, transportation economics as well as customer management and service
- Possesses a process management orientation.
- Results oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.