Overview The Account Manager position objective and goal is to maintain the day to day relationship with specified assigned customers and to ensure customer satisfaction via proactive operational excellence, communication and reporting. The Account Manager will maintain current business levels while using our success to gain new opportunities and grow our market share with assigned customers and potential related like-type services accounts
- Proactively manage customer relationship with assigned accounts
- Collaborate with account sales owners and operations on overall account performance and strategy, manage and drive account initiatives forward
- Meet with customer face to face regularly; host business reviews and demonstrate value delivered by Yusen services
- Analyze data, create and maintain internal and customer facing KPIs
- Demonstrate strong focus on process improvement by collaborating with internal departments such as Finance, Administration and Operations, as well as the customer and other supply chain partners
- Perform waste audits to reduce Muda
- Proactively monitor revenue and gross profit of each assigned account - ensure accounts remain profitable and in line with annual targets
- Manage customer sell rates and drive repricing exercises as needed
- Must have full understanding of operations and perform operations execution as needed
- Drive technology improvements and act as a liaison between IT, Operations and the Customer
- Work closely with operations execution team to ensure that service requirements are understood and performed in line with customer expectations
- Create and maintain customer facing SOPs and agreed service scope
- Regularly liaise with existing customer(s) to identify new business opportunities and identify new opportunities to extend our existing services
- Ensure all customers understand the multiple service offerings of YLA
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 or more years' related experience in logistics, supply chain, trucking, or freight forwarding. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience engaging directly with customers with a consultative approach
- Solutions oriented with the ability to propose new solutions and/or resolve customer issues
- Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly motivated and able to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.