Overview The Supervisor, Exports is responsible for overseeing Export Agents and managing processes that support the customer's Air export needs. The position is responsible for ensuring cost effective export operations, timely service by applying knowledge of laws, regulations, governing agencies, procedures, audits, programs, and practices.
- Supervise the functions of Export Agents: prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring optimum efficiency of all Export Agent activities.
- Supervise and assist in daily export activities including: consolidating export shipments, recommending best mode of transportation (rail, air), obtaining best rates and space from carriers, reviewing customer volumes and ensuring all transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of customers' needs. Monitors communications with assigned customers, responds promptly to customer requirements, concerns and issues and resolves issues related to all anomalies that interfere with the timely delivery of the customer's product.
- Performs routine audits and 'closes the file', ensuring rates charged are accurate, compliance and record-keeping requirements are met. Institutes corrective action and ensures errors are resolved.
- Manages handling of licensed shipments and special accounts ensuring all aspects of the shipment comply with regulations.
- Implements and follows all security measures including government required and local security programs; and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of relevant experience in the freight forwarding industry is required.
- Two years prior supervisory experience is required in air export.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have prior training and experience in handling hazardous goods.
- Must have knowledge of air export administration regulations and regulations - TSA, IATA , HAZMAT , ITAR .
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.