Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The position is located remotely in the assigned territory in the Western United States. The ideal candidate will reside in Southern California.
This position works with distributors to drive annual sales and profit goals for the territory and assists the National Sales Manager with directing all activities of local 3rd party agencies and representatives sales team. Is responsible for developing and executing annual business plans and developing and managing customer relationships within the territory and represents the company in all aspects of business management. Leads activities in their territory that support national and cross-region initiatives.
- Customer Relationship Management: Develops, manages, and grows intimate, customer-centric relationships with customers across the territory. Leverages full mastery of the sales role and models the required technical and commercial competencies required to build strong customer relationships.
- Business Plan Execution and Development: Creates and executes a robust business plan each year.
- Cash management: Manages financial responsibilities such as Account Receivable and budget.
- Directs and manages all activities for major accounts, with responsibility for developing and maintaining excellent relationships at all levels between the customer and Timken.
- Interfaces with key cross-functional areas such as Marketing, Engineering, Product Management and Supply Chain to ensure that customer requirements are met.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- 4 - 7 years of working with, or responsibility for, commercial and technical projects
- Related technical and/or commercial experience
- Background working with customers and developing long term customer relationships
- Experience working in Automotive Aftermarket is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales/Marketing/Business or Engineering with at least 4 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree in Business or Engineering with at least 2 years relevant experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.