Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Facilities Maintenance Associate will assist the Maintenance and EH&S departments with routine maintenance activities. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems is preferred.
- General commercial building and property repair to include handyman, facility and general maintenance and painting activities.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to maintain equipment performance and prevent downtime.
- Conduct basic electrical, plumbing, and carpentry work as pertains to machine tool and facility repairs.
- Troubleshoot basic electrical and mechanical issues.
- Assist in removal, repair and reinstallation of machinery and subcomponents.
- Safely operate power equipment, lifting equipment used in repairs or installations.
- Ensure that standard regulatory procedures are followed in all aspects of work including lockout/tagout, hot work, material handling, etc.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Will be able to identify, remove or secure for transport hazardous materials or hazardous wastes in approved containers to various areas as directed. Specialized training and certification in DOT hazardous materials transportation and RCRA are required. Will be able to sign Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifests Line 15 Generator's certification.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on ladders or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses, EH hazard rated safety shoes, hearing protection may be required or other personal protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of maintenance experience.
- Must possess a willingness to learn.
- General machinery repair knowledge.
- Basic electrical, plumbing, and carpentry knowledge.
- Basic math or industrial mathematics skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to set, use or setup various measuring devises.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Powered Industrial Truck license and operational skills.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.