Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
Under the general direction of the department manager and the Teamcenter/CAD Admin team leader, serve as the Timken Company TeamCenter PDM and CAD (ex: NX, Creo, AutoCAD, etc.) software global application administrator. Previous knowledge and work of the CAD software package is required in order to monitor and maintain the engineering 3D model and 2D drawing CAD application so that it is up and running 24 X 7. Application monitoring such that the software license keys are available through the Timken network. Verify the electronic license key sheets are accurate and the annual software maintenance charges are correct. Manage the PDM/CAD software application upgrade projects - be aware of the new features and changes made in the next release of the software and its impact on the Business. Plan and coordinate global software rollout and the necessary end user training. Partner with the Timken Company Information Technology Infrastructure team to establish the engineering desktop and laptop configurations, make sure that the associated databases are running properly, and provide 2nd and 3rd level CAD Help Desk support. Also, provide secondary support for CAM development. A high level of knowledge of the corresponding Product Data Management tools such as Teamcenter or SAP PLM is required. These tools are used to manage the engineering model and drawing release process and revisions. Requirement is for the associate to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
- Responsible for the daily management of the global PDM/CAD/CAM software application system, resolving end user issues, and ensuring end user compliance of the engineering modeling and drafting standards and rules.
- Solve moderate to complex drawing and modeling problems, as required by internal and external Timken customers. Establish procedural Best Practices and document them on the current CAD web page.
- Provide engineering and manufacturing PDM/CAD/CAM training as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of new technical developments in the PDM/CAD/CAM field, recommending implementations and improvements in the two and three-dimensional technologies, advising end user managers and the global engineering systems (GES) team of potential benefits to the Company.
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting target dates and communicating well with the customers and the rest of the GES team.
- Provide key performance metrics to the department manager.
- Meet regularly with the vendor representatives to discuss Company needs and understanding of new PDM/CAD/CAM software developments, as well as hardware requirements
- Coordinate the activities of the PDM/CAD/CAM software administrators located in the various parts of the global Timken organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3D and 2D CAD software (NX, Creo, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the PDM software (TeamCenter, SAP PLM, etc.)
- Prior experience with administering, configuring, and installing FlexLm
- Prior experience with administering, configuring, and installing PDM and 3D/2D CAD software
- Demonstrate proficiency in various computer languages
Minimum Qualification :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, CS, MIS or related degree preferred with 5 years work experience in PLM, PDM, CAD and/or CAM. Equivalent years of experience and education may be considered.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.