Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This is the lead position in the Human Resources team that manages the human resource and organizational development activities for the Lovejoy and R & L businesses comprised of approximately 260 associates, spanning 3 manufacturing facilities and commercial offices in 3 countries (US, Canada & Germany). Responsibilities encompass both operational and strategic HR and organization development activities, including but not limited to maintaining positive associate relations, consulting with the global business on organization design and effectiveness, leading culture change, driving performance management and talent management processes, team building, conducting strategic manpower planning and associate development. This position reports to General Manager Lovejoy and has an HR team of one HR professional at each site.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Serve as an integral member and partner of the Lovejoy management team for operations in Downers Grove, IL, South Haven MI, Mississauga, Canada and R & L Hydraulics and Werdohl, Germany.
- Consult with the leadership team on the development and execution of HR strategy for the group across
Operations, functional departments, products, markets and geographies.
- Deliver HR and OD services for your groups in all four quadrants of the OA delivery model.
- Leads the Lovejoy Group business for the entire activities on Associate Compensation and Benefits (payroll, benefits, wellness, 401K, ACA compliance, EEO reporting, workmen's' compensation, health insurance, etc.
- Supports the strategic enterprise-wide HR initiatives, such as staffing and/or operations process re-design, Timken Talent Management Process (TMP- Goal & and competency plans, performance reviews, leadership pipeline, recruiting, associate retention, training/associate development), diversity in the workplace and associate career progress and recognition, etc.
- Position may be required to take on other additional responsibilities across some or all of the Couplings units depending on the business situation such as OSHA reporting, health & safety compliance, supporting other MPT units, and possibly engage in future MPT acquisition due diligence and integration phase.
Required Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment legislation
- Familiarity and fluency on large HR ERP systems such as SuccessFactors/Workday
- Compensation design and job evaluation methodologies
- Talent Management and Succession Planning for manufacturing and commercial operations
- Knowledge of industry trends
- Experience in training, and learning and development practices
- Benefits Plan design (including DB and DC philosophy)
- Organizational Change experience
- Employee Relations experience
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business Administration or Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience. Master's degree/MBA preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.