Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
The mission of the Auditing Department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve Timken operations. The Auditing department assists Timken to accomplish objectives by applying a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Auditor will take a lead role in performing internal audits, Sarbanes-Oxley assessments, internal control procedure reviews and walkthroughs, assist the public accounting firm during year-end audit work, conduct special investigations, and other projects deemed necessary to serve the businesses and the corporate center. Audit work will be performed in teams or individually at the auditor's home site and at the client's site.
This position is ideal for someone looking to expand their current skillset in auditing while also being exposed to multiple facets of the business, which can lead to future career opportunities in finance, accounting and/or operations within The Timken Company.
- Execute audit plans for financial and/or operational audits for Timken Company operations worldwide, which requires travel to some locations. The required travel may exceed 30%, and some assignments may require extended periods of travel.
- Complete audits assigned per the annual audit schedule within +/- 10% of budgeted hours.
- Prepare audit reports that are well written and contain pertinent issues, meaningful recommendations and resolutions that reflect a balance between the need to maintain effective controls and efficient operations. Audit clients include managers at all levels of the organization, depending on the audit being performed. All reports are distributed to various members of senior management. Unsatisfactory reports are issued to and reviewed with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and the Management Committee.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization's system of internal control and the quality of performance to ensure compliance to policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations which could have a major impact on operations and the company's overall financial results.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls in new systems and other business procedures.
- Remain current on new audit techniques and work with the audit management and other staff members to implement if appropriate.
- Assess risk potential of differences in business practices that may exist in different parts of the world.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate audits/projects.
- Skilled in English communications, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with people and gain their cooperation, as well as work independently.
- Advanced PC skills.
- Ability to arrive at logical and unbiased, fact-based conclusions and relevant recommendations.
- SAP and ACL experience is a plus.
- CPA, CIA, CFE and/or CMA certification is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar with a minimum of 2 years' accounting and/or auditing experience OR
- MBA or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar with a minimum of 1 year accounting and/or auditing experience.
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience and education.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.