The Administrative Operations Support II is responsible for a variety of support functions at the Branch Office including Operations Administrative Support, Branch General Accounting, and Customer Billing.
- Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary.
- Answer questions about records and files.
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
- Scan or read incoming materials in order to determine how and where they should be filed.
- Perform general office duties such as data entry, operating office machines, and sorting mail.
- Place files in storage and retrieve documents from storage as instructed.
- Perform administrative duties in support of account payable billing, such a recording and processing statements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience in an administrative support related position.
- Prior experience in the Freight Forwarding / Supply Chain Logistics industry is preferred.
- Experience in a customer service environment is also strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to take instructions and follow-through independently.
- Good people skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Have a cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Must have working knowledge of computers and be able to use office equipment such as scanning equipment, photo copiers, etc. Knowledge of Microsoft Office functions such as Word Outlook and Excel is a strong plus.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations as they relate to the job.
- Ability to think through assignments and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.