Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope:
This is a leadership position having the responsibility of leading the team of Account Managers across Canada in the Aftermarket industry of Auto and Heavy Duty segments. The key accountabilities are to meet the market penetration, gross margin, cash flow and new business development targets for the respective market segment(s) by managing many external customer relationships, Account Managers and influencing the overall business environment.
- Achieve/Exceed the Sales Targets: and support the profit objectives by implementing the sales business plan for the respective market segments. Targets are reviewed and updated monthly, including sales forecast revisions with tactics to close gap when targets are falling short.
- Achieve/Exceed the Cash Flow Objectives: by controlling accounts receivables and providing forecasts for customer requirements to enable optimization of capacity and inventory balanced against current market demand.
- Drive New Business Opportunities: by pursuing and developing new products, services, and/or customers. As with sales, new business is monitored monthly and targets are set as against a % of sales must come from new business development. Continuous improvement initiatives are supported/encouraged.
- Project Leadership: working with the GVBK / Timken Canada sales and customer service team to ensure product line is consistently marketed/represented throughout Canada.
- Working knowledge of products and their applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including conflict resolution
- Business industry knowledge of channels and competitors
- Expertise in Microsoft suite including Excel, Word and Excel
- Superior product knowledge combined with economic factors affecting the market segment
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset
Major or Area of Study
B.Comm, Business, MBA
Previous Job Experience:
Combined minimum of 12 years experience inclusive of a degree in Business with progressive responsibility including the following:
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.