Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Service Engineer is located remotely within the assigned territory in Indiana and Illinois.
This position is responsible for providing service engineering support primarily to external OE (Original Equipment), DM (Distribution Management), and end user customers. Internal customers include OE sales, DM sales, application engineering, bearing repair facilities, production facilities and service facilities.
- Execute call plan for customers (OE and DM) established by sales and regional manager via joint and individual customer visits
- Communicate and interact with manager, regional and national services teams, sales teams, quality group, manufacturing, and application engineering
- Perform and report bearing damage analyses and root causes
- Resolve customer issues and act as trusted advisor, understanding customer problems and helping to identify new solutions.
- Deliver technical customer training with established modules on bearing types and products
- Deliver technical presentations on established topics for customers
- Assist Sales with driving growth of our products and services through lead discovery, promoting products, Timken repair services, etc.
- Utilize systems and reporting tools.
- Bachelor's degree required (Business or similar major with evidence of technical aptitude is required, Engineering major is preferred)
- At least 4 years of experience working with industrial customers to solve complex projects that involve both commercial and technical issues
- Experience with diagnosis and problem solving
- Experience with damage and failure analysis of mechanical systems is preferred
Level of role will be dependent upon years/level of experience and education.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.