Pilot Freight Services is seeing an experienced Full Time Operations Agent for our Indianapolis IND location.
Candidate must be able to coordinate shipments between partners overseas as well as domestically. Be able to provide quotes to customers in a timely manner, be able to delegate shipments to outside carriers (if necessary). Must be able to work on call every other week or when necessity arises. Communication is key, needs to be able to communicate with all internal staff as well as being able to communicate in a professional manner with all parties. Able to work with minimal instruction, and able to work in conjunction with sales team. Experience in ocean imports and exports. Air export/import experience a plus.
Hours will be 9 AM to 530 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Must be able to type accurately at least 35 WPM
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to calculate chargeable weight and volume for all shipments
- Work with a sense of urgency, understanding how to prioritize
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to work hands-on, handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 + years of industry experience
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Proficiency in written & verbal communication Novice
EXCEL INTERMEDIATE Novice
1+ year import/export