Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
At Aurora Bearings by Timken, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing the activities of the Human Resources department and acting as a business partner for the Aurora Bearings and Timken leadership teams. This position serves as an integral member and business partner of the Aurora Bearings management team.
This position leads the Human Resources function and oversees all HR activity, including the HR integration as a result of Aurora Bearings recent acqiuisition by Timken, for two Aurora Bearings facilities located in Montgomery, IL. Responsibilities encompass both operational and strategic HR and organization development activities, including but not limited to maintaining positive associate relations, partnering with the corporate HR to implement talent processes and manage the organizational structure design and effectiveness, leading culture change, driving performance management and talent management practices, team building, conducting strategic workforce planning and associate development. This position reports to the Plant Manager - Aurora Bearings.
The HR Manager's responsibility is to lead the Human Resources function for the business, including, but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal employment laws and company policies.
- Represent management in daily interactions with employees at all levels and Ensure effective communication.
- Lead the integration of HR policies and processes in partnership with the Timken coporate HR function, with focus on performance management, hiring practices, compensation and benefits and payroll support.
- Manage all activities related to recruiting, staffing, onboarding, and employee training and development.Manage the Performance Management, Succession Planning, and Talent Development activities.
- Maximize the HRIS system and ensuring the confidential, accurate and thorough management of employee data.
- Provide broad HR support to all employees, including providing HR policies interpretation, managing leaves of absences, ensuring the consistent application of all policies, and providing developmental support to all managers.
- Provide direction, in partnership with other leadership positions, in areas of OSHA reporting, health & safety compliance etc.
Required Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment legislation
- Familiarity and fluency with HRIS, such as SuccessFactors/Workday or other
- Understanding of compensation and benefits practices and job design
- Talent Management and Succession Planning for manufacturing and commercial operations
- Experience in training, and learning and development practices
- Organizational Change experience
- Employee Relations experience
- Strong computer skills, including application of the programs in the Microsoft Suite, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and well as HRIS maintenance experience.
- Previous experience and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ERISA, DOL, Wage & Hour, HIPAA, and PPACA.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and employee retention
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business Administration or Engineering
- Min. 7 years of HR experience in manufacturing.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.