Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for development and implementation of the company's global wellbeing strategies, initiatives, policies, and practices. A combined strategic and administrative role, this position provides the strategy and design for the company's global wellbeing programs, including health & wellness, mental and emotional wellness, and financial wellness; directs the administration of and handles day-to-day management of those programs in concert with members of the Benefits Department, the company's human resources business partners, and vendor partners both in the US and globally; and conducts the analytical evaluation of the effectiveness of these wellbeing programs. This role will also handle initiatives, events, and activities designed to engage and deepen employee's understanding and appreciation of and commitment to Timken's wellbeing efforts and, more generally, Timken's benefit offerings. Company benefit plans: defined contribution, defined benefit, medical and prescription drug program for active employees and retirees, wellbeing programs for active employees, short-term disability, long-term disability, other health & welfare programs, and the supplemental executive retirement plan and other executive benefit programs. This includes programs for union and salaried participants.
Essential Responsibilities :
- With a specific focus on improving employee health and financial security, serve as the company's wellbeing expert to develop, design, and execute innovative health (physical and mental) and financial wellbeing strategy, programs, projects, policies, events, and initiatives in collaboration with our vendor partners, both on a national and a global scale. Coordinate such wellbeing programs, policies, processes and tools with other Timken benefits programs to serve and support the company's overall business goals. Primary responsibility for the Timken Health and Wellness Center and the Better Health Program.
- Leverage data analytics to analyze the impact of the various wellbeing efforts; to measure current program progress; and to identify trends, future needs, and ongoing opportunities to improve employee physical and mental health and financial security. Use data analysis tools to benchmark, evaluate, and understand population health data and the relationship of wellbeing programs to other aspects of the employee experience, including workplace safety, short- and long-term disability, attendance, and productivity.
- Develop and implement engagement strategies in regards to the employee experience in a way that promotes individual wellbeing, creates high visibility and excitement for these programs and activities, and that fits the company's culture and benefits philosophy; review and provide suggestions and guidance to the vendors involved to ensure the appropriate tone and strategy are reflected in the communication materials regardless of the medium used; ensure the delivery of consistent and accurate wellbeing education and information to employees and their families; use data analytics to measure progress and identify ongoing opportunities to improve employee engagement.
- Partner with internal HR Business Partners (and facility leadership) in the US and at the company's global facilities relative to administration, communication, budgeting/forecasting, preparing business cases, and ongoing wellbeing program management to maximize the impact of various wellbeing programs and engagement efforts and other benefit programs. This role could include recurrent travel to company facilities both inside the US and globally.
- Develop relationships and create working partnerships with and manage external third-party benefit vendor providers, actuaries, consultants, third party administrators, trustees, financial organizations, and regulatory authorities (in the US and globally) concerning aspects of employee wellbeing, with specific focus on service deliverables, metrics, and measuring performance. May involve travel within the US and globally to meet with vendors.
- Ability to independently manage various wellbeing related projects in a fast-paced environment. Monitor and communicate project and budget status to Benefits Department and company leadership, as necessary. Be able to effectively summarize projects for management and proactively identify obstacles of meeting deadlines or progression on projects.
- Manage or assist with projects related to employee wellbeing programs including vendor searches, plan implementations, policy revisions, compliance issues, and other projects that support the overall initiatives of the Benefits Department and its wellbeing and benefit programs.
- Understand and apply knowledge of laws governing corporate wellness programs including GINA, EEOC, ADA, IRS, and other current and future regulations.
- Become proficient in use of Company software/systems to effectively contribute to the various projects in the Benefits Department.
- As requested, complete related duties other than those indicated above and exhibit positivity, flexibility, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
Technical/Functional Skills :
- Knowledge of and experience with corporate wellness programs and with employee benefits, managed care, and health and welfare programing
- Strong program, project, and vendor management skills
- Strong customer service, organizational, and workplace relationship/teamwork skills
- Strong communication, employee engagement, and presentation skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with highly confidential and private information
- Ability to learn quickly and work in an adaptive, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrates diligence, strong initiative, and is self-managed
- Willingness to travel
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in HR/Benefits; Wellness; Health; Human Performance with 5-7 years' experience with employee wellness
- Master's Degree in HR/Benefits; Wellness; Health; Human Performance with 4-6 years' experience with employee wellness
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. #LI-AP1