Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The System Analyst is primarily responsible for providing IT support in a fashion that ensures the efficient operations and system compliance. This includes functional and technical guidance on both projects and on-going support requirements.
- Provide expertise in informational systems technologies.
- Provide cross functional support and direction on the use of technology tools.
- Support business projects across functional groups
- Possess and understanding of the business relationships between multi-functional groups including corporate systems and/or divisional groups.
- To administer the network communications between the plant and corporate office.
- To provide system support and programming where needed in this facility
- To understand the plant's information flow, both manual and automated and their dependencies, and provide continual support and improvement in this flow.
- Leads and/or coordinates significant projects including scope, timing, cost, and communication at the various stages of the project to different stakeholders.
- Leverage technology and facility design to improve business/distribution operations.
- Responsible for carrying out assignments requiring the development of new or improved processes
- Be able to evaluate and make decisions on computer equipment, operating system, and/or program problems that are used at the facility. Some of the issues will require working on equipment or software that may have many variables that are unknown.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company policies including, but not limited to user access, quarterly reviews, system backup, off-site storage, disaster recovery and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Utilizes techniques, technologies and implementation methods to deliver prescribed levels of service and drives process improvement in all components of the Timken architecture (server management, network management and application delivery) on time.
- Resolve hardware or network equipment issues in a timely fashion, either directly or working with others, to include technical support areas of backup and disaster recovery for the equipment.
- Support site level applications and equipment including but not limited to- SPC, Active Directory, Production Servers, VMware, Veeam, LAN/WAN and networking, Shop Floor DNC, GE/Fanuc/Ifix applications, Andon SFV Systems, SAP MII, GAF IT Systems Databases, Terminal server administration as well as many others.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Firm grasp of business processes and systems linkages
- Adaptability to changing environments
- Continuous improvement and learning mindset
- Strong technology skills
- Associate Degree in IT, Business, or Related field with 3-5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Business, or Related field with 0-3 years of related experience.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.