What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New associates can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 18,000 people in 35 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
At The Timken Company, you will have the opportunity to grow, optimize your performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the company. While working independently or in a team environment, you will develop leadership and critical thinking skills to help you launch your career. Our internship positions allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. At Timken, we place great value on our interns and our positions are structured to maximize your hands-on experience.
Timken brings to you what matters most as an intern:
- Competitive salary
- Real-world experience that provides an edge upon graduation
- Access to the latest technologies
- Team-based environment in a high-tech setting
- Career mentoring
This role assists with external reporting related activities, the essential responsibilities for this position are to assist with the following:
- Financial statement disclosures and footnote preparation for 10Qs
- Benefit plans financial statements (for 401K Plans in U.S.), which would include assisting with pension and health and welfare benefit plan statement audits
- Implementation of new tool to file SEC documents
- Data collection for items needed for 10Qs
- Financial management book preparation for upper management
- Acquisition work as it relates to external reporting
- Goodwill and intangible models
- Monthly journal entries and reconciliation as needed
- Research accounting guidance
- Other duties as assigned, potential assistance with General Accounting
- Must be a current Junior or Senior, enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program (12 semester/credit hours) at an accredited four-year university
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Accounting
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be able to work full-time during the Summer. Ability to work part-time during the Spring highly preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States now or in the future without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.