Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Manages and leads the activities of a multi-disciplined team in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the plant's business plan primarily related to overall customer satisfaction and the continuous improvement of the quality system. Specific responsibilities include: Managing and leading the plant's quality efforts to achieve the plant business plan goals and objectives and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Provides input and ownership for all plant issues as an active member of the quality assurance team. Serves as a center of expertise for quality system information and the primary point of contact for all quality system management and customer-related issues.
- Assures that an effective quality system is deployed throughout the plant to minimize non-conforming product. Assume full technical responsibility for interpretation of quality standards.
- Promotes the use of disciplined problem-solving techniques and corrective action to drive continuous improvement in all areas of the plant.
- Oversee and direct the Quality Assurance department in all facets to assure support to the facility requirements. Including managing all product and process audits (internal and external) to ensure compliance in all processes.
- Serves as plant's primary contact with customers and understands customer's expectations and requirements. Represents the customer's views and positions to the plant. Facilitates complaint resolution through the application of problem-solving principles and methods that address root causes of failures and fallout.
- Approves the active supplier list of suppliers qualified to supply product to the plant and monitors performance while communicating the quality requirements.
- Serves as Chairman on the Material Review Board and schedule activities.
- Evaluates and approves gauging used to measure product for conformance.
- Interacts with Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering to assure the proper inclusion of quality requirements in internal work instructions (work orders) and external work instructions (purchase orders).
- Experience managing quality systems
- Leadership, change management and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical understanding of inspection techniques
- Manufacturing experience with understanding of processes and procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field with 7+ years of experience OR
- Master's degree in engineering, Business or related field with 5+ years of experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.