Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Production Control Planner will use various tools and knowledge of the manufacturing process to facilitate material availability and material flow through the factory in order to support the plant shipment plan. They will partner with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality to 1) develop achievable work center schedules; 2) prioritize if constraints are present and 3) reschedule work as needed.
- Create, maintain and communicate work center schedules.
- Manage production orders: starts/release; date changes; order splitting; shortages.
- Prioritize work at independent and shared work centers.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and QA on issues and rescheduling.
- Identify risks to production plan, evaluate the impact and resolve to remove risk.
- Drive to root cause of material shortages and production misses and develop countermeasures.
- Use of ERP system as a primary tool for planning production.
- Maintain MRP master data and processes, lot size, lead time, scrap rate
- Follow first articles from start to finish, monitor innovation/development production.
- Document standard work.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Actively participate in Safety initiatives.
US Citizenship or Green Card Holder
Strong working knowledge of BOM's, item master, MRP, MPS
Strong organization and time management skills
Minumum 2 years of manufacturing and scheduling or materials managment experience
Strong computer skills (MS work, excel, powerpoint)
Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Strong organizaionl and time management skills
APICS certificaton desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.