Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role:
Provide technical leadership, direction, analysis, and project management to support the design and implementation of strategic initiatives for Timken's Aerospace bearing manufacturing facilities. Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support capacity addition, new product introduction, product rationalization and continuous improvement activities.
The position includes developing, applying, and implementing technologies and processes to our manufacturing plants and supply chains, as well as leading a broad-based team of specific technology experts as required to deliver the process. This position is specifically responsible for delivering the complete manufacturing process, from raw material to shipped product, so it is not limited to a specific functional technology. The individual holding this position will be recognized as an expert source within the company and have demonstrated authority in understanding the overall manufacturing processes and product transformations (start to finish).
- TECHNICAL STRATEGY - Leads or participates in identifying future state scenarios, analyzing alternatives and developing tactics/recommendations for design and deployment of advanced bearing manufacturing processes.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT - Specify and select technology for new processes, transformation designs, or equipment upgrades, guide system development / installation and deliver total process stability and documentation to the plants.
- NETWORKING - Develop strong technical and business relationships while working with the operations team, product engineering and product management to identify and deliver solutions.
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION - Create deployment plans for newly developed processes in conjunction with Process Technology and Manufacturing teams as needed.
- PRODUCT RATIONALIZATION - Perform manufacturing benchmarking analysis and process cost comparisons across plants.
- MANUFACTURING CI - Support continuous improvement efforts to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety. Work with manufacturing plant to identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and lead implementation.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Provide technical direction and support of capital investments for growth and restructuring efforts. This includes project leadership, process designs, specification/selection/implementation of new assets or equipment upgrades, and delivery of a total cost competitive process. Create Appropriation Requisitions (ARs) including basic business case analysis, spending estimates, and resource planning.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Coordinate project using appropriate planning and tracking methodology. Implements corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion within approved budget.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Provide technical assistance for manufacturing plants.
- TRAVEL - International and domestic travel is required and averages 25% of the time throughout the year.
- Multiple operational, manufacturing and/or industrial engineering experience within the aerospace industry. Broad based understanding of manufacturing operations including facility design, quality systems/requirements, safety protocols, shop floor information systems, lean, etc.
- Knowledgeable in most key areas of bearing manufacturing: machining, thermal treatment, finishing, assembly, inspection / metrology, electrical / machine controls, automation, tool design
- Knowledgeable of the transformation process required to link the functional technologies together as an overall manufacturing process; start to finish.
- Extensive engineering and analytical ability, including root cause problem solving, capability studies, process modeling, cost estimation, financial justification
- Ability to transfer process knowledge into shop floor instructions and engineering automation.
- Demonstrated excellence in program/project management, willingness to mentor.
- Good written and oral communication skills; initiative to propose new ideas.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 15 years' experience or Master's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years' experience in aerospace manufacturing and process development.
- Requirement is for the associate to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.