Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role is responsible for leading and directing all activities of the Bearing Inspection Inc. (Bii) business including sales strategy development, operations, engineering, finance, supply chain, human resources, and quality. This role is located in Los Alamitos, California at Timken's aerospace bearing repair facility.
The Business Manager is responsible for directing all day-to-day operations to achieve business plans, attain annual sales and growth goals, drive improvements throughout the plant utilizing continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles, align the plant's strategy and activities with the overall business needs, train and develop associates, ensure compliance with all government regulations, quality certifications, and company policies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Business Plan Execution: Create and execute a robust business plan each year with an emphasis on Aerospace Bearing and Non-Bearing Repair growth initiatives, including reviewing all internal sales channels and resources to build a highly effective global sales team. Support Timken's global initiatives and regularly interface with key cross-functional areas such as Customer Service, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain, and Operations to ensure that customer satisfaction requirements are met.
- Operations: Manage and drive improvements in all phases of operations (i.e. production, scheduling, inventory, quality, human resources, safety, costs, etc.) by supporting continuous improvements and lean manufacturing principles. Provide corrective actions and tactics when performance is below targets and expectations.
- Safety: Maintain a safe workplace for team members.
- Compliance: Ensure all plant processes and associates comply with all applicable Government regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, environmental reporting, etc.), quality certifications (FAA, ISO 9001, etc.), and company policy, ethics, and core values.
- Cash Management: Manage financial working capital inputs such as account receivables, S&A and budgets as well as full P&L responsibility for Bii facility.
- Talent Management: Ensures a high performing management team, including the sales team by developing, coaching, setting goals, and appropriately managing less than expected performance. Ensures developmental objectives are assigned and executed to develop talent and drive performance across the team. Manages succession planning for key roles.
- Customer Relations and Sales: Participation in building relationships with customers and attending trade shows and key customer visits. Develop strong sales strategies and analyze market information to provide direction to sales and program management teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales or Technical field required, Master's degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Aerospace Aftermarket/Repair Overhaul (Military, General Aviation, Commercial) required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading teams
- Leadership and Management experience in Operations and
- Business and/or Manufacturing Strategy experience
- Product development and/or Sales/Marketing experience
- Strong Negotiation and Value Selling skills
- Experience networking at customers at executive level
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written) - up, down and across an organization
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.