Bilingual Japanase and English required.
The Customer Service Coordinator manages Air Import shipments ensuring effective customer service, accurate shipment processing, timely deliveries and troubleshooting errors.
Responsibilities Act as the primary point of customer contact in the assigned account :
- Primarily responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth knowledge of operational (import or export) processes.
- Manage customer relationship in assigned accounts.
- Proactively provide shipment status and notify customers of any delays regarding arrival, delivery or dispatch of shipments.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are available for each account serviced. Follow SOP in performance of all operational processes.
- Proactively ensure current pricing information is available for all shipments before making necessary bookings.
- Co-ordinate with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors for timely shipments in assigned accounts.
- Address customer concerns, trouble shoot errors, provide timely feedback on service failures and follow up on escalations.
- Review exception reports regularly, identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Bi-lingual in Japanese and English
- High School Diploma or GED plus 3 or more years' related experience in air and ocean Import or Export operations. An e quivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for customer services.
- Knowledge of import and export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.