The Entry Writer I is responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to customers. The Entry Writer I serves as a customer advocate and must possess professional customer service skills.
Responsibilities Customs Border Protection (CBP) Entry preparation and transmission duties:
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.
- Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Use product files for identification of HTS details on the commercial invoice.
- Report to supervisor the completion of entry tasks release of cargo.
- Report to supervisor exceptions to established clearance requirements.
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process.
- Confirm to customers the release details through pre-established communications protocols.
Delivery of freight to customers:
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with steamship lines, freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments.
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight.
- Coordinate with supervisors delivery exceptions and special delivery instructions.
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the issuance of invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as the processing of payment requisitions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience and/or training in CHB Entry Writing.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and in written format.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office and other programs to produce status report and other documents.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws