The Logistics Operations Supervisor is responsible for leading a team that is focused on managing and executing transportation services including full truckload (FTL) and less than truckload (LTL) modes . Responsibilities include working closely with other departments to provide effective and optimal transportation solutions for our customers.
- Assign and delegate workload to the team. Motivate and set daily pace for team members.
- Oversee and supervise all day to day operations of the assigned team.
- Multi Task between accounts while keeping a high accuracy rate.
- Build relationships with customers through daily communication. Secure equipment, plan, assign, and contract and execute transportation effectively.
- Write, Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for each Customer Account.
- Sell and manage services direct to new and existing customers.
- Determine the best means for transportation with the aim of driving cost savings to customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries on the telephone, email, and documentation as needed.
- Serve as contact for the operation regarding problem resolution, rate and negotiations as required.
- Track specified loads while in transit and for delivery to meet customer service expectations.
- Ensure accurate invoice billing of all loads to the customer.
- Work in all customer web sites based on service expectations.
- Manipulate large amounts of data accurately with tight deadlines in a high stress environment.
- Develop and maintain relevant key performance indicators for own area of responsibility.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, assisting and directing daily workload; assisting with appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems. This position will have a minimum of 2-6 direct report employees. This position will be required to conduct performance reviews and make recommendations on corrective action, as well as hiring or termination recommendations to the Branch Manager
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 3+ years' experience in management, transportation, sales, or operations. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of LTL freight and tariffs
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Strong Excel skills for data manipulation and efficiency
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and leadership (internally and externally).
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.