The Import Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work of Import Agents in the Ocean NVOCC Import Department. The Supervisor ensures that the agents effectively and efficiently handle the movement of inbound containers and LCL freight according to customers' requirements.
- Supervise the functions of Import Agents: prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring optimum efficiency of all activities
- Ensures staff are meeting KPIs and other department goals
- Supervise and assist in daily import activities, resolving complaints, ensuring timeliness of work completion and re-prioritizing of work flow in critical situations. Continuously monitors service levels provided to customers
- Reports customer complaints and escalated shipping problems (i.e., delayed, missing, or damaged freight; strikes; embargoes, etc.) to management and participates in problem resolution planning.
- Oversees billing processes, coordinates collections and resolves major billing problems;
- Reviews and updates customer profiles, reviews and updates rate structures, supports the sales department with customer information, rates etc.
Supervises Import Agents. Carries out supervisory responsibilities according to the organization's management policies, procedures and any applicable laws. Responsibilities may include determining staffing needs, hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, providing on going feedback, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems.
Qualifications High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of relevant experience in Ocean Import business. 1+ year of previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have knowledge of import operations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.