Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Oversee EHS performance within the Mechanical Power Transmission group and drive improvement.
Focus is to:
- Ensure business EHS goals are aligned with Corporate EHS strategy
- Advise and influence leadership team on EHS standards
- Provide EHS technical support to facilities
- Identify improvement opportunities through assessments, data analytics, and problem solving
- Capture knowledge through the use of processes and enhancement of learning programs
- Optimize resources including improved collaboration between business functions and facilities
- Promote the sharing of good practices and implement standards throughout the business
Essential Responsibilities :
- Work with Directors and Corporate EHS to ensure alignment on EHS strategy - consider KPIs, results of risk assessments/audits, and compliance obligations when developing business EHS goals. Support company priorities to work safely and advance corporate social responsibility
- Ensure involvement in capital planning around EHS related improvements
- Inform/engage Directors on areas needing attention - participate in meetings with Directors. Advise and influence leadership team on EHS goals, trends, and emerging issues, provide guidance and propose actions
- Support and monitor the implementation of Corporate EHS programs
- Work with Corporate EHS to monitor compliance/regulatory requirement changes and understand the impact to facilities
- Provide technical support to facilities to help comply with EHS requirements - assist with developing process/systems
- Travel to site locations as needed
Monitoring Performance and Driving Improvement
- Improve Data Analytics - review/analyze EHS data to identify discrepancies in data, systemic issues and focus areas
- Conduct audits/assessments to verify compliance with EHS requirements/expectations
- Monitor KPIs relating to EHS performance (i.e. scorecard), monitor timely completion of action plans
- Review incident investigations - coach facility EHS leads on problem solving
- Provide feedback on responses to CEO on serious incidents and fatalities (SIFs)
- Monitor completion of action plans from audits, incidents and improvement initiativesTraining/Education
- Identify training and development needs for facility EHS leads - provide or arrange for training
- Facilitate/lead EHS meetings and workshops
- Share good practices and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the business and with Corporate EHS
Technical and Functional skill
- Strong leadership competencies (e.g. problem solving, team skills, communication, etc.)
- Experience leading audits, identifying systemic gaps and communicating results to leadership teams
- Ability to lead learning and coaching programs through written and oral communication, training, workshops, support visits and good practice sharing.
- Ability to apply and coach others on Timken's problem solving process, data analysis, and help provide solutions.
- Experience in strategic planning and project management
- At a minimum, basic EHS technical skills with an aptitude and willingness to develop those skills
Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and safety with at least 7 Years of experience with Environmental Health and Safety.
Project management : 3 to 5 years Project management experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.