Pilot Freight Services is seeking an Operations Manager for our Orlando FL location. The position requires some flexibility in work hours, Monday through Friday.
The Operations Manager monitors all operations including, but not limited to; Process shipments, prepare paperwork, communicate freight status and dispatch drivers for pick up. The manager will be the primary interface between Pilot Freight Services, customers, sales, system operations and vendors and provide quality customer service, while meeting company policies and procedures. The Manager will provide training, complete performance reviews, and issue disciplinary action when necessary.
- Deployment of staff to complete assigned workloads.
- Training and developing of staff for local cross-functionality.
- Control and organization of the local warehouse and cartage operations.
- Control of work hours and performance reviews for the operations staff.
- Customer service background preferred
- Ability to read key elements of financial statements in support of functional role responsibilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have superior organizational and time management skills
- Must be approachable and motivated
- Knowledge of systems utilized as it relates to logistics
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Understands TSA regulations
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5 years experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of five (5) years in Operations Management, preferably in transportation and logistics
- Experience with DOT regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- 3 years: Routing and Operations Experience
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Decision Making Skills Advanced
Ability to Work Under Pressure Advanced
Defining Problems Advanced