The Logistics Engineer/Project Manager will be responsible for evaluating, designing and optimizing new and current business logistics processes and identifying alternatives to promote operational efficiencies, cost reductions and improvements. This position will be responsible for proposal support, making recommendations and assisting in the implementation of optimized solutions. The Logistics Engineer will work within the framework of the company systems to collect data, analyze methods of operation, facility layout and current practices to provide ongoing front line improvement strategies. This position is also fully responsible for the analysis, planning and coordination of all activities and/or resources associated with designated projects. Projects could include, but not limited to, new customer implementation, supplier contract negotiation, cross company process improvements or implementation of division level initiatives.
- Support new business development by analyzing customer RFQ information and by providing engineered solutions to the pricing department for customer proposals
- Develop and maintain robust, efficient processes for complex warehousing and transportation logistics projects without negatively impacting safety, productivity or quality.
- Create layout of logistics flows and warehouse/distribution space to support transload and storage accounts with optimized logistics solutions
- Design storage concepts and support re-arrangement activities
- Specify, procure and oversee the installation of equipment associated with layout and process designs
- Conduct facility and process design reviews to achieve improved methods, layouts and workflows.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management, indicating solutions or recommendations based on productivity and time studies and various analyses for logistics process improvements.
- Encourage Kaizen projects wherever possible
- Excises independent discretion and judgment in leading projects designated by senior management or identified through individual analysis.
- Prepares studies, reports, analysis and recommendations in areas such as business plans, operating forecasts, competitive analysis, labor reports and financial plans
- Uses discretionary judgment in determining project scope, time frame, funding limitations/needs, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources at various phases of project.
- Responsible for the timely completion of project objectives and milestones by effectively managing and/or influencing subordinates peers and superiors.
- Establishes frequency and appropriate audience for follow up meetings. Based on project follow up meetings, exercises sound judgment to determine if additional resources are required, if project costs are in line with forecast and if course corrections need to be made to the initial project scope.
- Frequently confers with Industrial Relations Manager to determine risks of implementation and strategies to avoid or limit exposure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics/ Production/Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in logistics operations or logistics engineering.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across an organization
- Team player and team builder
- Five plus years' work experience at a warehouse or logistics company is preferred.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System and AutoCAD is preferred
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.