The Import CHB Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work of Import Agents and Entry Writers. The Supervisor ensures that shipments are custom cleared and transported to destinations according to customers' requirements.
Must be available for weekend and holiday rotation as needed.
- Supervise the functions of Import Agents by prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring optimum efficiency of all Import Agent activities.
- Supervise and assist in daily import activities including auditing files for accurate documentation (customs, operation and accounting), ensuring timely and accurate payment of duty payment(s).
- Report customer complaints and escalated shipping problems (i.e., delayed, missing, or damaged freight; strikes; embargoes, etc.) to management and participates in problem resolution planning.
- Execute plans directed by management in resolving complaints, timeliness of work completion, and re-prioritizing of workflow in critical situations. Provide up-to-date freight status and arranges special trucking for specific "hot" freight.
- Oversee billing processes, coordinates collections and resolve major billing issues.
- Review and update customer profiles, reviews and update rate structures; support the sales department with customer information, rates etc.
- Support other duties as assigned.
Supervises Import Agents. Carries out supervisory responsibilities according to the organization's management policies, procedures and any applicable laws. Responsibilities may include determining staffing needs, hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, providing on going feedback, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of relevant experience in customs brokerage and import business including knowledge of import operations and basic entry requirements.
- 1+ year of previous supervisory or team lead experience
- Possesses excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both in written and verbal format.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.