Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a Plant Manager in Downers Grove, IL.
The purpose of this role is to lead the manufacturing team within the Lovejoy Downers Grove, Illinois facility.
Essential functions of the role include developing a high performing team of department leaders and operative associates, promoting and ensuring a safe work environment for all associates, leading the manufacturing team to produce quality product that is delivered on time to the customer, and driving performance improvements through disciplined management, problem-solving, and process development.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team through the selection, development, motivation, and leadership of th emanufacturing team members.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of others and provide a safe work environment through the continuous improvement of safety and environmental practices.
- Drive an unwavering commitment to quality ensuring process adherence, data integrity, and advancement of the quality system.
- Utilize formalized methodologies to solve problems, implement recurrence prevention countermeasures, and monitor solutions for effectiveness.
- Lead the team to achieve 100% schedule accomplishment, driving a sense of urgency through operations, and continually developing a disciplined management system to achieve sustained results.
- Create a culture within the facility that has an intolerance for the current condition and continually strives for improvement.
- Advance the business, drive overall performance improvements, and reduce costs through the development and implementation of manufacturing strategies and the elimination of waste throughout operations.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (frequent shop floor activity including walking, standing, liefting, etc.).
- A minimum of 10 years leadership experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performing teams.
- Strong talent management skills, including talent development and performance improvement ability.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems by identifying root cause and implementing effective recurrence prevention countermeasures.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and inspire others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with A3, 8D, and Toyota Production System (TPS) style lean management is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's in Business, Engineering, or other applicable field required, or equivalent of 20 or more years of experience.
- Minimum of 10 years in manufacturing leadership required, 15 years preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.