Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a Production Planner.
Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is looking to hire a Production Planner.
The Production Planner position is responsible for the creation and modifications of production schedules to satisfy customer demand and reach 100% on time delivery. The Production Planner develops effective weekly production schedules and assesses longer-term requirements by continually evaluating demand, expedites, inventory, supply channels, and manufacturing capacity. Production planners will analyze trends and proactively communicate adjustments as needed to meet on time delivery.
- Create executable manufacturing schedules to achieve 100% on time delivery to the customer by level loading across work centers, evaluating demand and collaborating with purchasing to ensure materials are available.
- Partner with production coordinators, customer service, and operations to effectively resolve scheduling conflicts and manage customer expedites.
- Conduct both short-term and long-term capacity analysis and provide recommendations regarding work planning.
- Analyze supply and demand variables and partner with inventory management to drive appropriate inventory stocking levels to satisfy customer demand within expected lead times.
- Drive schedule continuity by monitoring supply elements and partnering with purchasing to ensure material availability.
- Lead production planning meetings to ensure seamless communication and alignment between all functional areas, including operations, purchasing, production control, and customer service.
- Monitor performance, analyze gaps, and drive problem solving activities to resolve issues.
- Lead the development and continual improvement of business processes to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the planning function.
- Experience planning in a production/manufacturing environment
- Familiar with ERP & MRP
- Strong analystical skills - data driven, detail oriented
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Access, Power Point
- Outstanding communication and team building skills
- SAP planning experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, or Supply Chain preferred
- Two years experience required, 5 years preferred
- APICS CPIM preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.