We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Timken is looking for a qualified intern to join our web development team. The intern will work closely with our Distribution IT team, to assist current developers in developing, modifying and upgrading web apps and pages in the Timken environment. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of web development.
- Assist in writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Assist in creating website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Assist in integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Assist in gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Assist in creating and maintaining software documentation.
- Assist in maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites.
- Keep up to date into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Basic knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management and best development practices.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming and web application development.
- Basic knowledge of search engine 0ptimization process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Develop new web pages / basic web apps in ASP.NET under guidance of existing IT team
- Upgrade / rewrite existing ASP web apps into ASP.NET web apps
- General hands-on support of facility IT hardware and software as backup to IT Technician
- Enhance existing web apps to eliminate specific security risks such as SQL Injection
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.